1/3 Photos of Yams Sensational
1 hr 20 mins
Just right for the holidays! Serve this delicious, pretty yam dish and your friends will think you're a gourmet chef. Hint: It's really easy to prepare! Tested at high altitude.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake yams (skin on) at 350-degrees until tender when pierced with fork (approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- 2Remove from oven and wrap in damp paper towel.
- 3Increase oven temperature to 450-degrees.
- 4Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 5Peel off skin.
- 6Slice yams into 1/2" thick rounds.
- 7(For extra-nice presentation, after you've cut the rounds, use a cookie cutter to create scalloped edges or fancy shapes.) Place yam slices in a shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and pour orange juice over all.
- 8Mix nutmeg with brown sugar and sprinkle atop each slice.
- 9Top each slice with finely chopped pecans.
- 10Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is melted and pecans slightly toasted.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yams Sensational
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g