Recipe by Sydney Mike
Sweet potatoes or yams, you can use either one -- I just happen to like yams. This recipe is from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook.
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! I made this as directed except that I had to use chopped pecans instead of walnuts because that's what I had on hand. We really enjoyed the nice orange flavor and especially the little bits of zest. Simple and good - thanks Sydney Mike. Made for Tic-Tac-Toe.
- 453.59 g can yams, drained
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml fresh orange juice
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 236.59 ml walnut halves
- 2.46 ml orange zest, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange yams in shallow baking dish, & sprinkle lightly with dash of salt.
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch & 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Blend in juice, then add raisins.
- Oveer high heat, stir & bring to boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, then blend well & pour over yams.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until well glazed.