Recipe by Sydney Mike
Sweet potatoes or yams, you can use either one -- I just happen to like yams. This recipe is from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook.
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! I made this as directed except that I had to use chopped pecans instead of walnuts because that's what I had on hand. We really enjoyed the nice orange flavor and especially the little bits of zest. Simple and good - thanks Sydney Mike. Made for Tic-Tac-Toe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can yams, drained
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange yams in shallow baking dish, & sprinkle lightly with dash of salt.
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch & 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Blend in juice, then add raisins.
- Oveer high heat, stir & bring to boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, then blend well & pour over yams.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until well glazed.