Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a different way to serve the sweet potato or yam. The recipe comes from a small cookbook(let) titled Honey Acres Beekeeper's Best Honey Cookbook!
Top Review by Debbwl
Wonderful change of pace. We really liked these! They were quick, easy and very tasty. Made for breakfast instead of regular hash browns. After reading other reviews shredded the yam and stirred less often then directed. The shredding and less frequent stirring gave the soft hash brown texture. Last change was to cut the honey in half as a matter of personal taste. A keeper with those few changes. Thanks so much for the post.
- 3 medium yams
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening or 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄4 cup unsalted margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey, mild flavored
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel & coarsely grate yams (should equal about 1 quart).
- Heat shortening in large skillet, then add grated yams.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add butter & pepper, & continue cooking & stirring until lightly browned.
- Drizzle with honey & stir to blend before serving.