1/3 Photos of Yams, Hash Brown Style
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here's a different way to serve the sweet potato or yam. The recipe comes from a small cookbook(let) titled Honey Acres Beekeeper's Best Honey Cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel & coarsely grate yams (should equal about 1 quart).
- 2Heat shortening in large skillet, then add grated yams.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 4Add butter & pepper, & continue cooking & stirring until lightly browned.
- 5Drizzle with honey & stir to blend before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yams, Hash Brown Style
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g