1/1 Photo of Yamou’s Grilled Fish With Chermoula
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
This very simple, very delicious dish comes from a charming cookbook/travel book called "The Ethnic Paris Cookbook" by Charlotte Puckette and Olivia Kiang-Snaije.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the fish
- 4 red snapper, 10 ounces/280g each, cleaned and scaled (or bass or red mullet)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the chermoula
- 1To make the chermoula, combine the garlic, cilantro (coriander), cumin, hot pepper flakes, paprika and lemon juice in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- 2With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream and process until smooth.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4With a sharp knife, cut two deep slits in the thickest part of both sides of each fish. Rub the fish with the chermoula, working it well into the slashes.
- 5Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
- 6Prepare hot grill fire or preheat the broiler.
- 7Grill or broil the fish about 3 minutes on each side.
- 8Serve with lemon wedges and any unused chermoula sauce.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yamou’s Grilled Fish With Chermoula
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: