Montana Heart Song's Note:
One cooked yam,a dab of crystalized ginger,brown sugar, slivered almonds and a bit of marshmallow wrapped in wonton wrappers, a little bit of southern sweetness and a whole lot of love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In mixing bowl, add ginger, sugar, almonds and optional cayenne pepper if desired.
- 2Cut yam slices in halves.
- 3Spread Wonton wrappers on a damp kitchen towel.
- 4Preheat oven to 350*.
- 5Spray Pam in two 12 cup muffin tins.
- 6Place each wrapper in each muffin tin.
- 7Spray with Pam.
- 8Put muffin tins in oven for 6-7 minutes.
- 9Take out and fill with the following ingredients.
- 10Place slice of yam or slices of yam, then a teaspon ginger, brown sugar mixture,.
- 11then marshmellow half.
- 12Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of milk on top.
- 13Preheat 375*.
- 14Bake until marshmellow bubbley and starting to brown. Serve warm with ham bites on crackers. Caution: Hot marshmellow will burn your mouth easily, cool a few minutes before serving.
- 15Note: I like to remove the wrappers to a greased baking tray before filling and baking the final time. It is easier to remove with a spatula to a serving platter,.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam What Am Hobo Bags
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 31.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: