1/1 Photo of Yam (Sweet Potato) Salad
Sydney Mike's Note:
There are a number of similar recipes here, but this one, I feel, really features the potato ingredient! The original of the recipe was found in the Nov 2003 cookbooklet Crisco Best Recipes -- Year-Round Holiday Magic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise & cut crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces (or yams)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1In a large pot, steam prepared yams 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, then remove from steamer.
- 2When cool enough to handle, peel yams (if desired; I don't), then place in a large salad bowl.
- 3While yams cool, combine vinegar, pickle relish, mustard, salt & pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, & shake well.
- 4Add vegetable oil & shake again, before pouring over yams & tossing them to coat.
- 5Add green onions & red pepper & either serve at room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam (Sweet Potato) Salad
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 317.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g