Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I had some fresh small cucumbers and one large yam so decided to make a salad with the vegies. This has a sweet vinegary dressing. For large servings double the recipe.
- 1 large yam, cooked, then peeled & cubed
- 4 medium sized cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 6 green onions, diced or 3⁄4 cup diced sweet white onion
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pinch dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the vegetables in a medium salad bowl or large gallon sige zip lock bag.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a
- Container with lid that does not leak or a plastic zip lock bag and shake, shake, shake.
- Taste. If too vinegary for your taste buds, add a little more evaporated milk and shake again.
- Pour over vegies and mix with a spoon.
- Or,pour over the vegies in a zip lock bag and shake shake shake.
- Chill at least two hours or can be overnight. I like to shake the mixture at least twice before serving.
- Note: You can use brown sugar if you prefer. Chilling time is not listed in the preparation.