Montana Heart Song's Note:
I had some fresh small cucumbers and one large yam so decided to make a salad with the vegies. This has a sweet vinegary dressing. For large servings double the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yam, cooked, then peeled & cubed
- 4 medium sized cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 6 green onions, diced or 3/4 cup diced sweet white onion
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1Put all of the vegetables in a medium salad bowl or large gallon sige zip lock bag.
- 2Put all of the dressing ingredients in a
- 3Container with lid that does not leak or a plastic zip lock bag and shake, shake, shake.
- 4Taste. If too vinegary for your taste buds, add a little more evaporated milk and shake again.
- 5Pour over vegies and mix with a spoon.
- 6Or,pour over the vegies in a zip lock bag and shake shake shake.
- 7Chill at least two hours or can be overnight. I like to shake the mixture at least twice before serving.
- 8Note: You can use brown sugar if you prefer. Chilling time is not listed in the preparation.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam/Sweet Potato Cucumber Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g