Looks elegant and NO marshmallows! Flavor full and lower in fat. Try this one on your Thanksgiving table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a large pot, cover the sweet potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender.
- 3Drain and peel the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Mash well.
- 5Add the butter, milk, sherry, brown sugar, orange juice, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Beat well with a mixer.
- 7Spoon mixture into a buttered, ovenproof gratin dish.
- 8Bake until the potatoes are hot, about 25 minutes.
- 9While the soufflé is cooking, make the meringue.
- 10In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until almost stiff.
- 11Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- 12During the last five minutes of cooking the soufflé, top with the meringue mixture making fancy peaks.
- 13Return to oven and remove when the meringue is lightly browned.
- 14Garnish with the sliced oranges.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam Souffle'
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g