Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Diana P. Cherian's recipes from the Thursday magazine. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 kg yam, cut into thin and long strips (cooked in steam with a little water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 onions
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, peeled, washed and chopped
- 2 pinches cumin seeds
- 6 pinches fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the red chili, pepper, mustard, onions, garlic, ginger, cumin and fenugreek seeds, turmeric, salt and rice flour together.
- Apply this ground paste on the yam slices.
- Keep aside for at least 4 hours.
- Place a heavy bottomed skillet on medium flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in it.
- Fry the yam slices in it.
- Drain on clean paper towels.