Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Yam Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs yams (4)
- 1 cup cooked chestnuts
- 3⁄4 cup dried apple, slices
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mild honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- Bake yams in a shallow baking pan until very soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak dried chestnuts (if using) in boiling-hot water 1 hour, then drain. Coarsely chop chestnuts (cooked or dried).
- While dried chestnuts soak, bring dried apple and juice to a simmer in a small saucepan, then turn off heat. Let steep, covered, 30 minutes. Drain off and discard apple juice.
- Cool baked yamsto warm, then peel and mash with a potato masher. Transfer 2 cups mashed yams to a bowl and reserve any remainder for another use.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F.