Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice departure from those over-sweetened and marshmallowed, almost dessert side dishes that so frequently accompany holiday meals. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 4 large yams or 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- Mash and add remaining ingredients.
- Beat well and pour into prepared casserole.
- Dot with additional butter and bake until brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe is super easy and a huge hit with my family.