1/2 Photos of Yam Nuea - Thai Beef Salad
A quick, easy and very tasty Thai dish. Adopted 9/06 (Mean Chef)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb center cut beef tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, to taste, if desired
- 2 small Thai red chili peppers (or serrano) or 2 small Thai green chili, minced (or serrano)
- 1/2 cup thinly slices shallot (about 2 large)
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed fresh coriander leaves, washed well and spun dry
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1Prepare grill (or preheat broiler).
- 2Halve tenderloin horizontally to form 2 approximately 1-inch-thick pieces.
- 3Rub both sides of each piece with black pepper, pressing it into meat.
- 4Grill beef on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 5 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- 5(Alternatively, broil beef on oiled rack of a broiler pan about 3 to 5 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare.) Transfer beef to a cutting board and cool 30 minutes (I actually prefer it warm).
- 6If desired, chill beef, loosely wrapped, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day to facilitate thin slicing.
- 7But beef across grain into very thin slices.
- 8In a large bowl stir together lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and chilies until combined will (sugar should be dissolved if using).
- 9Add beef, shallots, scallions, coriander, and mint and toss will.
- 10Score cucumber lengthwise with tines of a fork and cut crosswise into thin slices.
- 11Arrange cucumber around edge of a platter and mound beef salad in center.
- 12Garnish beef with coriander sprig and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam Nuea - Thai Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.4
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 192.7 mg
- Sodium 1545.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 48.9 g