Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This came from a 1992 issue of Cooking Light. A light and healthy version of that craving for fries.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Children, DD1 (5 years old), DD2 (15 months old) and I liked these. I used either overgrown sweet potatoes or they called them yams on the store sign, additional light tasting extra virgin olive oil (nothing on the pans), extra ground cumin, no ground coriander as I didn't have any on hand (all my spices are in my other house 5 hours away) and no pepper for the same reason. Two different pans cooked for different amounts of time. We ate them with home-made honey mustard using organic, raw, local honey. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.
- 2 large unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes; cut each into thin strips (4 x 1/4 x 1/4 inch).
- Combine oil and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Add potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425F for 25 minutes or until browned, turning potatoes after 15 minutes.