Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Starch Blocker Diet cookbook. I subbed raw sugar for the honey and tamari-flavored sunflower seeds for plain.
- 4 medium yams
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar or 3 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup tamari-flavored roasted sunflower seeds (or plain)
- black pepper or white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake yams in oven until 3/4 way cooked. Cool, peel the yams and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the orange juice, sugar or honey and salt; whip with hand-mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in half of the sunflower seeds. Spoon the yam mixture into a greased casserole dish, then top with remaining sunflower seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Season with pepper to taste.
- Accept me for who I yam.
These are soooo yummmy!! I added more honey than said just because I love to make my yams verrrrry sweet! :) Thanks so much for the recipe!!!