Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was taken from a local newspaper & tweaked slightly! Although they take a bit of time to make, they are tasty little bites! Preparation time does not include time needed for yams to cool in refrigerator.
- In a steamer, cook yams., covered, until tender, about 12-16 minutes, then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer on medium-high speed, beat yams until light & fluffy.
- Add butter, brown sugar, salt & zest, beating until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, then line a baking sheet with foil & coat it lightly with cooking spray.
- Place corn flakes in shallow pan.
- Divide yams into 16 portions & shape each portion around a marshmallow.
- Coat each round evenly with corn flakes [Rinse hands often to keep from sticking.].
- Place finished yam bonbons on prepared baking sheet & top with a pecan half, pressing down slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before transferring to serving platter.
Made half the recipe - only two of us here today. Prepping the bonbons was a terribly messy affair. At step #4 they went in the fridge for a full three hours but eight minutes in a 425Â° oven resulted in an explosion of marshmallow that made plating almost impossible. Gave my husband two and I ate off the baking sheet (LOL) Taste as absolutely right on but prep & presentation suffered - at my hands anyway. Made for PRMR.