1/1 Photo of Yam Bonbons
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was taken from a local newspaper & tweaked slightly! Although they take a bit of time to make, they are tasty little bites! Preparation time does not include time needed for yams to cool in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a steamer, cook yams., covered, until tender, about 12-16 minutes, then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- 2Using a mixer on medium-high speed, beat yams until light & fluffy.
- 3Add butter, brown sugar, salt & zest, beating until well blended.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, then line a baking sheet with foil & coat it lightly with cooking spray.
- 6Place corn flakes in shallow pan.
- 7Divide yams into 16 portions & shape each portion around a marshmallow.
- 8Coat each round evenly with corn flakes [Rinse hands often to keep from sticking.].
- 9Place finished yam bonbons on prepared baking sheet & top with a pecan half, pressing down slightly.
- 10Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- 11Cool 5 minutes before transferring to serving platter.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam Bonbons
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 198.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g