Posted for ZWT 2006. Can be garnished with hard-boiled eggs, if desired. Haven't tried this recipe yet. Cooking/prep times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash cooked yam until smooth.
- 2In bowl, combine half of the tomatoes and half of the onions. Add cayenne. Fry in 1/4 cup peanut oil.
- 3Season with thyme and salt, to taste.
- 4In another bowl, combine fried mixture, remaining onions and tomatoes, and mashed yam. Add eggs and mix well.
- 5On a pastry board sprinkled with flour, form yam mixture into balls.
- 6Heat remaining oil and deep-fry yam balls until golden brown. Drain.
- 7Garnish with hard-boiled eggs.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam Balls (West Africa)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 59.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g