Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT 2006. Can be garnished with hard-boiled eggs, if desired. Haven't tried this recipe yet. Cooking/prep times are estimates.
- Mash cooked yam until smooth.
- In bowl, combine half of the tomatoes and half of the onions. Add cayenne. Fry in 1/4 cup peanut oil.
- Season with thyme and salt, to taste.
- In another bowl, combine fried mixture, remaining onions and tomatoes, and mashed yam. Add eggs and mix well.
- On a pastry board sprinkled with flour, form yam mixture into balls.
- Heat remaining oil and deep-fry yam balls until golden brown. Drain.
- Garnish with hard-boiled eggs.
These were really tasty, though I didn't quite fry them well enough and didn't have onions. I'll make them again soon properly, but they were still delicious despite my poor cooking skills.