Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This one looks good and tastes great, too. Adapted from Rick Rodgers' Celebrations 101.
Make and share this Yam and Yukon Gold Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium-orange fleshed yams, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (not extra-virgin)
- 3 lbs medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint or 1⁄4 cup cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- In a mixing bowl, toss the yam chunks with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Spread potatoes out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400° oven (rack positioned in the center of the oven) and stir occasionally for about 45 minutes or until the chunks are tender when pierced with a knife; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place the Yukon potatoes in a large Dutch oven of lightly salted water; cover.
- Brint to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender enought ot be pierced with a sharp knife.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a blender, add the lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; with the blender running, add in the remaining oil to make a thick vinaigrette.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix together the yams, potatoes, celery, scallions, and mint.
- Toss with about 3/4 of the vinaigrette.
- Cover the salad and remaining vinaigrette; refrigerate until the salad is well chilled.
- Right before ready to serve, toss the salad with the remaining vinaigrette; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve cold.