2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This one looks good and tastes great, too. Adapted from Rick Rodgers' Celebrations 101.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs medium-orange fleshed yams, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (not extra-virgin)
- 3 lbs medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or 1/4 cup cilantro or 1/4 cup parsley
- 1In a mixing bowl, toss the yam chunks with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 2Spread potatoes out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 3Bake in a 400° oven (rack positioned in the center of the oven) and stir occasionally for about 45 minutes or until the chunks are tender when pierced with a knife; cool completely.
- 4Meanwhile, place the Yukon potatoes in a large Dutch oven of lightly salted water; cover.
- 5Brint to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender enought ot be pierced with a sharp knife.
- 6Drain and rinse under cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- 7Peel and cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- 8In a blender, add the lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; with the blender running, add in the remaining oil to make a thick vinaigrette.
- 9In a big mixing bowl, mix together the yams, potatoes, celery, scallions, and mint.
- 10Toss with about 3/4 of the vinaigrette.
- 11Cover the salad and remaining vinaigrette; refrigerate until the salad is well chilled.
- 12Right before ready to serve, toss the salad with the remaining vinaigrette; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 13Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam and Yukon Gold Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.6
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g