Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet side dish which goes excellent with turkey dinner. A fairly quick dish to prepare and bake, and really tasty. You can substitute the yam for a sweet potato.
- 1 large yam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 big splash whipping cream
- about 15 marshmallows, halved (number depending on width of dish)
- Wash and bake your yam.
- Mash with a hand mixer or potato masher.
- Add butter, sugar, and cream.
- Place in a small casserole dish.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Broil for about 5-10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
I tried this for halloween. It was probably a bit too sweet as a side dish for my liking, but it's not really a dessert either. Thanks for an interesting idea though, and it was worth a try!