Recipe by luvcook'n
This recipe is from Hollyhock (a retreat). They have some amazing recipes. The yams here are the orange ones. In some places they are called sweet potatoes. Why the confusion???? I haven't a clue.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups diced onions
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 6 cups cubed yams
- 5 cups chopped chard leaves
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In dutch oven, saute onions, jalapeno, garlic and ginger in oil, until onions are transparent.
- Stir in curry powder and yams.
- Reduce heat and cover to allow yams to simmer until they are very soft, stirring often to avoid sticking.
- Stir in chard -- 2 cups at a time and cover again until just wilted.
- Season with salt and add lemon juice just before serving.