Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Sweet and savory!
Make and share this Yam and Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 2 large yams
- 3 large carrots
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt or 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 teaspoons bouillon (beef flavor, 'better than bouillon' brand)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- Place meat in crockpot, add 1 teaspoon of the salt and add all of the hickory smoke salt, pepper, and bouillon. Add water until just covered. Cook on high 4 hours.
- After four hours, peel and cut carrots and yams into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Heat up butter in a medium fry pan on medium heat.
- Mince garlic and chop onion.
- Add garlic and rosemary and 1 teaspoon salt to the butter and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and saute again for about 3 minutes.
- Put garlic mixture and vegetables into the crockpot and cook on high another 2 hours.
- About a half hour before serving, mix cornstarch and water together until dissolved and then stir well into the crockpot. This will thicken it up, and it totally optional.