I have made this for holidays for a couple of decades now. Goes great with ham or turkey, but don't save it just for holidays. Makes any meal a little festive. Can be made ahead and baked when dinner is almost ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer half of yams, all of apples, and remaining yams and raisins in a greased 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- 2In a small saucepan stir apple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, and spices until smooth.
- 3Add butter and stir over medium heat, bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Pour over yam mixture.
- 5Lightly grease foil and loosely cover baking dish, greased side down.
- 6If making ahead, refrigerate up to 5 hours.
- 7Bake in preheated 400° oven for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are tender.
- 8I have baked these at a lower temperature if something else is roasting in the oven. Just be sure to adjust the baking time.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam and Apple Medley
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 37.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g