Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, especially with a pork entree.
- 3 cups peeled sliced yams
- 3 cups peeled sliced tart apples
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In greased 2 qt casserole, layer half the yams and half the apples.
- Mix brown sugar and spices together.
- Sprinkle half over yams and apples.
- Dot with half the butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375* for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, baste with the juices,and bake 15 minutes more.
This recipe was so super easy. Even my husband who doesn't particularly care for sweet potatoes enjoyed it. The apples gave it a really nice flavor. I did have to bake mine about 15 more minutes to get the sweet potatoes nice and tender. I served it along with a baked ham, green beans, and rolls. Thanks for a great recipe.
Absolutely delicious! I just made this with my braised balsamic chicken. The only thing I did different was I used coconut oil instead of butter Yumm