Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Recipe courtesy of Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House in Lynchburg, Tennessee. Cook time is chill time.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat stir marshmallows and 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple syrup constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Chill until thickened.
- In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold in marshmallow mixture until well blended.
- Add all but 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, along with vanilla and salt.
- Pour into prepared crust and garnish with remaining crushed pineapple.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Easy to make and tasted great. I'm making it again for Mother's Day because my grandmother loves pineapple! Thanks for sharing this recipe.