Recipe by superblondieno2
A very moist and yummy quick bread. I got this recipe from a Gilligan's Island cookbook. It is named in honor of Mr. Howell, who was a loyal alumni of Harvard. I made this with fat-free cherry flavored yogurt and added some raisins and I loved the taste! I also didn't use as much oil as the recipe called for but it still was very moist!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 ounces low-fat plain yogurt, with fruit
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl stir together flours, sugar, cereal, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl combine the egg, yogurt milk and oil.
- Add all at once to the well in the flour mixture. Stir only until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.