In answer to a query on the threads,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g chicken thighs or 500 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2 . 5 cm pieces
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped coarsely (200g)
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, halved
- 6 thick green onions, trimmed cut into 2 . 5 cm lengths
- 1/4 teaspoon sansho pepper
- 1Thread chicken and vegetables onto eight bamboo skewers, leaving space between pieces to allow even cooking.
- 2Cook in batches, on heated oiled grill plate or barbecue, turning and brushing with sauce occasionally until browned all over and cooked through.
- 3Serve yakitori sprinkled with Japanese pepper.
- 4SAUCE- Combine ingredients in small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer uncovered over medium heat until sauce reduces by a third, cool.
- 6TIPS- Bottled yakitori sauce can be bought from Asian grocery stores.
- 7The sauce can be used as a marinade for the chicken before cooking, but cook chicken on medium heat so marinade does not burn before meat cooks through.
- 8You can substitute seven-spice mix (shichimi togarashi) for Japanese pepper (sansho powder).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakitori ( Seasoned Chicken on Skewers)
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.5
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 2318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: