Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent on chicken
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 slice fresh ginger, peeled (1/8 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, sugar, mirin, sake, garlic and gingerroot.
- Cook over medium high heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend water and cornstarch.
- Stir constarch mixture into soy sauce mixture.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Strain sauce.
- Keep at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
Yakitori is Japanese for chicken on a skewer, but the sauce is far superior to BBQ sauce for roast/BBQ chicken or pork. Try it, you'll like it.
Simple to make. gives great flavor to pork or chicken. thanks for sharing