Tasty and low fat kebabs. If you are short of time, marinate the chicken for just 20 minutes - it will still absorb a lot of the flavours. Try using a different selection of vegetables, such as yellow peppers and zucchini. Time does not include marinating. Serve with egg noodles garnished with scallions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, honey, ginger and garlic.
- 2Add the chicken and stir well. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- 3Preheat the broiler to high. Thread the chicken, scallions and pepper pieces alternately, dividing them between 4 metal skewers, reserving the marinade.
- 4Place the kebabs on the grill rack and brush liberally with the marinade. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade.
- 5The chicken should be cooked until the juices run clear and there is no pink meat; the vegetables should be lightly charred. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakitori Kebabs With Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 1119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: