Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and low fat kebabs. If you are short of time, marinate the chicken for just 20 minutes - it will still absorb a lot of the flavours. Try using a different selection of vegetables, such as yellow peppers and zucchini. Time does not include marinating. Serve with egg noodles garnished with scallions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, honey, ginger and garlic.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Thread the chicken, scallions and pepper pieces alternately, dividing them between 4 metal skewers, reserving the marinade.
- Place the kebabs on the grill rack and brush liberally with the marinade. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade.
- The chicken should be cooked until the juices run clear and there is no pink meat; the vegetables should be lightly charred. Serve immediately.