1 hr 25 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
Teriyaki sauce adds tons of flavor to chicken.. Cooking time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml sake
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 51.76 ml low sodium soy sauce
- peeled fresh ginger (sliced)
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml apricot jam
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless chicken breast halves (cut into 36 3/4 inch cubes)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 fresh cilantro stems
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 9 green onions, cut into 36 (white and green parts only, 2 inch pieces)
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan, and heat to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- 2Remove ginger with a slotted spoon, and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture, pepper, chicken, garlic, and cilsntro to ginger in a bowl, and toss well.
- 4Chill for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- 5Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 6Bring remaining soy sauce mixture to a boil, and cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 7Remove from heat and slowly add vinegar, and oil stirring with a whisk.
- 8Divide soy sauce mixture into equal portions, and set aside.
- 9Remove chicken from marinade, and discard.
- 10Thread 3 chicken pieces and 3 green onions alternately onto each of 12 (8 inch) skewers.
- 11Place skewers on a grill rackcoated with cooking spray.
- 12Cover and grill 8 minutes, turning once after 4 minutes, and basting occasionally with 1/4 cup reserved soy sauce mixture.
- 13Place skewers on a serving platter, serving with any leftover soy sauce mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakitori (Chicken Skewers)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 597.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 52.6 g