Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Teriyaki sauce adds tons of flavor to chicken.. Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 236.59 ml sake
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 51.76 ml low sodium soy sauce
- peeled fresh ginger (sliced)
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml apricot jam
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless chicken breast halves (cut into 36 3/4 inch cubes)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 fresh cilantro stems
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 9 green onions, cut into 36 (white and green parts only, 2 inch pieces)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan, and heat to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove ginger with a slotted spoon, and place in a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture, pepper, chicken, garlic, and cilsntro to ginger in a bowl, and toss well.
- Chill for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Bring remaining soy sauce mixture to a boil, and cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and slowly add vinegar, and oil stirring with a whisk.
- Divide soy sauce mixture into equal portions, and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and discard.
- Thread 3 chicken pieces and 3 green onions alternately onto each of 12 (8 inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on a grill rackcoated with cooking spray.
- Cover and grill 8 minutes, turning once after 4 minutes, and basting occasionally with 1/4 cup reserved soy sauce mixture.
- Place skewers on a serving platter, serving with any leftover soy sauce mixture.