1/4 Photos of Yakitori Chicken (Skewers)
Great as a main meal with some rice and veges or as a fingerfood appetizer. Use a gluten-free soy sauce if cooking gluten-free (Aussies- Chang's brand is currently gluten-free). Bottled crushed ginger can be used in place of the fresh grated ginger. Bamboo skewers should be soaked in water for 5 minutes before using to stop them catching alight during the cooking time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken breast fillets or 1 kg chicken thigh fillet
- 1/4 cup mirin or 1/4 cup sweet white wine
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce (gluten-free if needed for dietary reasons)
- 10 g fresh ginger, grated finely (2 cm peeled piece of ginger)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Cut chicken into 2 cm pieces.
- 2Using a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- 4Thread the chicken pieces onto 12 bamboo skewers.
- 5Cook the chicken skewers on a BBQ or grill plate . Turn them during cooking and brush with the reserved marinade (Only brush with marinade during the first half of the cooking time).
- 6Cook until browned all over and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakitori Chicken (Skewers)
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 2305.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 61.8 g