Recipe by tunamanphd
I found this on asian-recipes.com . It is very simple and wonderful.
Top Review by I'mPat
This was absolutely delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed with fried rice and steamed vegetables. I did cook them on the indoor ridged grill. I only had 600 grams of chicken but 3 of us ate the lot - I thought there would be left overs to take a photo - looks like I will have to make again to get one. Thank you tunamanphd, made for Healthy Choices ABC.
- 900 g boneless chicken, cubed
- 70 ml soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sake, i sometimes substitute shao xing wine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely pounded. i always add about an extra tbsp
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sake and soy sauce together. Add mirin,sugar,ginger,garlic,and honey.mix well and bring t6o a low simmer for about 10 minutes. set aside to cool.
- mix cooled marinade with chicken . leave soaking for at least 1 hour. overnight prefered.
- Place on broiler pan . cook for until done turning over halfway through.
- as an added little extra flavor sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds when done.