Recipe by shells75
Very easy and very good quick summer dinner. Please note time to make does not include time for marinating.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons apricot jam
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 8 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Teriyaki Sauce: Combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and jam in bowl. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to sauce. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours. (I go for 8 hours).
- To form kabobs, alternate pieces of chicken and green onion on 8-inch metal skewers. Baste with Teriyaki Sauce.
- Broil in preheated broiler 6 inches from heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning skewers 3 to 4 times. Although using the oven is the original directions, they can also be cooked on the grill.