Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken is marinated in a soy sauce, sake and ginger sauce, then threaded onto skewers and broiled with leeks for an easy, tasty and fun meal. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1⁄2 cup sake
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 leeks, white part only, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- In a medium dish, mix together the sake, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Add chicken, and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Grease six metal skewers, and thread alternately with 3 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of leek.
- Place on a baking sheet or broiling pan, and brush with the marinade.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, baste again, then broil for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Discard remaining marinade.
These are fantastic! My Sis and I used to make these all the time when we were growing up(minus the Sake) and it was one of the first things I learned to cook. Easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing!
This is great with beef kabobs as well. We had these a lot when we traveled to Japan. Just love the flavor.
I'm re-submitting this review "just in case" because it didn't come through yet, although I posted the review along with the photo yesterday evening. I made these with green onions because I didn't have any leeks. I also cooked them in the contact grill for five minutes. So easy, and so much flavor. The chicken was nice and tender. I served them with Pineapple/teriyaki sauce by katie in the UP. YUM!