1/2 Photos of Yakisoba Noodles With a Kick (Vegetarian)
zaar junkie's Note:
We had bought some fresh Yakisoba noodles and my boyfriend sort of threw this recipe together. It turned out really well, especially since we like things rather spicy. I've made this with just the chili-garlic sauce and also with a mix of the chili black bean and black bean garlic sauce. Pick your favorite sauce or a combination that sounds good to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces vegetarian beef strips, Vegeusa brand, thin beef strips (dehydrated mock beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 1/2 ounces sun luck hot chili-garlic sauce, chili black bean sauce, and or 3 1/2 ounces black bean garlic sauce
- 2 dashes sriracha hot chili sauce (squirts)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 lbs yakisoba noodles, fresh
- fresh ground black pepper
- sesame oil
- 1In a medium pan, boil 2 cups of water. Add Vegeusa beef strips and cook until tender (approximately 5 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- 2In a skillet, cook onion and green pepper (optional) in olive oil until slightly tender, then add broccoli and cook until tender. Set aside.
- 3While your veggie are cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing the minced garlic, sauce combination of your choice, sriracha chili sauce, and water.
- 4In your skillet or hot wok, add rehydrated beef strips and cook for a minute or two just to brown it a bit, then add your veggie mix, Yakisoba noodles, and sauce and mix well. Add black pepper and sesame oil to taste (I usually just try the cover the top with black pepper and maybe make a small circle with sesame oil. Stir until well mixed. Heat for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakisoba Noodles With a Kick (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian beef strips