Recipe by ~Nimz~
Well if you want something fairly quick to put together and is loaded with flavor, this is it. The Thai red curry paste adds such a wonderful flavor. It's pretty spicy, so don't make this is you don't like spicy. You can use less curry paste too, but it was perfect for us. The original recipe is from Allrecipes, posted by E. Maxwell using chili paste, but we prefer the Thai red curry paste instead. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Kim S.
I was trying to find something to make with Chicken that wasn't just boring grilled chicken. This was a wonderful recipe--even though when I went to retrieve the bag of preshredded cabbage from the fridge -- it was spoiled! I substituted broccoli and it was fine!! Delicious and I will definitely make it again WITH the cabbage!! It was very quick, too!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-size slices
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, coarsely chopped, about 8 cups
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces soba noodles, cooked and drained (or wheat spaghetti noodles, which is what I used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and chop all vegetables and chicken before starting.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil, canola oil and Thai red curry paste and saute for one minute.
- Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add chicken and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce and saute until chicken is no longer pink, about 10.
- Remove mixture from pan and set aside and keep warm.
- In the emptied pan, combine the onion, cabbage, bell pepper and carrots. (you may need to add the cabbage a little at a time).
- Stir fry until cabbage begins to wilt.
- Stir in the remaining soy sauce, cooked noodles and the chicken mixture to pan and mix to blend.(You may want to serve the chicken mixture on top of the noodles instead of mixing the noodles into the chicken mixture.).
- Heat through.
- Serve with extra soy sauce if desired.