1/8 Photos of Yakisoba Chicken
Well if you want something fairly quick to put together and is loaded with flavor, this is it. The Thai red curry paste adds such a wonderful flavor. It's pretty spicy, so don't make this is you don't like spicy. You can use less curry paste too, but it was perfect for us. The original recipe is from Allrecipes, posted by E. Maxwell using chili paste, but we prefer the Thai red curry paste instead. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-size slices
- 1/2 medium cabbage, coarsely chopped, about 8 cups
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces soba noodles, cooked and drained (or wheat spaghetti noodles, which is what I used)
- 1Cut and chop all vegetables and chicken before starting.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add the sesame oil, canola oil and Thai red curry paste and saute for one minute.
- 4Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- 5Add chicken and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce and saute until chicken is no longer pink, about 10.
- 6Remove mixture from pan and set aside and keep warm.
- 7In the emptied pan, combine the onion, cabbage, bell pepper and carrots. (you may need to add the cabbage a little at a time).
- 8Stir fry until cabbage begins to wilt.
- 9Stir in the remaining soy sauce, cooked noodles and the chicken mixture to pan and mix to blend.(You may want to serve the chicken mixture on top of the noodles instead of mixing the noodles into the chicken mixture.).
- 10Heat through.
- 11Serve with extra soy sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakisoba Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1743.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste