In response to a request--from the cookbook "Itadakimasu" Tokyo American Club Women's Group. Yakisoba is Japanese fast food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g chicken fillets, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (instant granules)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 packages fresh Chinese noodles (tri-pack with foil seasoning packet can be used)
- 1In oil, saute onion and green pepper; add chicken pieces and stir to slightly brown.
- 2Add seasonings including one foil packet from the noodles.
- 3Add cabbage last.
- 4Slit noodle packets and heat one minute in the microwave (or can steam or pan fry noodles to heat).
- 5Place in a soup bowl and ladle chicken mixture over.
- 6NOTE: Can substitute beef or pork as meat and add any of the following vegetables (chopped): celery, leeks (slice thin), carrot (sliced thinly or chopped finely), mushrooms, bean sprouts (in place of or use less cabbage).
- 7Mirin (sweet sake) optional.
- 8Use beef bouillon when using beef.
- 9Adjust seasoning amounts to taste.
- 10Pickled ginger is great with this dish.
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakisoba Amerikajin
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 521.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh Chinese noodles