Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Korean Dish. Delicious! I received this recipe from my friend Debbie, whose stepdaughter is half Korean. Cook time includes time for cooking rice and ground beef, plus deep frying.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 large chopped onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 lb shredded colby cheese
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 -4 cups cooked rice
- 1 -2 cup sweet and sour sauce, according to taste preference
- 24 egg roll wraps (about)
- oil (for deep frying)
- Cook ground beef with onion and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together, except wraps and oil.
- Heat oil.
- Fill wraps with meat, cheese and rice mixture.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Unfortunately this recipe shouldn't be classified as a korean dish. I'm half korean and my mother, who is full korean, cooked mondoo when I was a child. This isn't authentic...green pepper, cheese and cooked rice? Anything fried should taste good, but knowing what real mondoo or korean potstickers are...this is a let down.
You cannot call anything a korean dish by adding colby and chedder cheese. I would hate for someone to order this dish in a restaurant and expect cheese in the mandu. It should be called dumplings with cheese or something like that.
YUM!! These turned out great. I halved the recipe, and used lumpia wrappers, since I had a package I needed to use. A nice twist on the usual eggroll...loved the addition of the cheese!