Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Hot Potato Stew from the Arab Emirates. From the Vegetarian Journal
Top Review by Satyne
Absolutely Scrumptious. The spices were delicate and it smelled divine. I used some sweet potato as well since I was running low on regular potato and I love how nicely it went with the cumin. Garnished with a sprig of Lemon Thyme. I will definitely make this again.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon rind, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the potatoes into large pieces.
- Sauté peppers and onions over medium heat in oil for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and garlic and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes. The potatoes should be well done but still somewhat firm.
- If needed add more water.
- Serve hot.