Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of a yoo hoo. I made it for a group of people that don't drink milk products.
- 2 cups Quik chocolate milk mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups lukewarm water, to dissolve sugar
- 2 cups mocha mix non-dairy coffee creamer (or other non-dairy creamer, flavored if you choose)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 dash salt
- cold water, to fill the gallon
- In a gallon container, mix nestle powder and sugar with lukewarm water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add "creamer", vanilla and salt.
- Mix and add cold water or water and ice to fill the container.
- Serve cold.
- Stir before serving because the chocolate settles to the bottom of the container.
We made this as written for non milk drinkers and with milk for those who preferred it. It was great both ways. We also drank it warmed as hot chocolate in the milk-free version. It was great. I will make the milk free version to put in my husbands thermos this coming winter.