Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
I went on a bit of a tangent when I created this turkey jerky marinade... I used some typical jerk-style seasonings; you can make it as hot as you wish. I use pre-sliced (about 1/8"-1/4" thick) turkey breast meat for this; it doesn't take nearly as long to dehydrate as beef, so keep an eye on it! Prep time includes overnight marinating.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, sliced about 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thick and cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- Add turkey slices and coat thoroughly with marinade; refrigerate overnight.
- If you have a dehydrator, use it.
- I use my oven; it only goes down to 170 degrees F.
- Cover oven rack with aluminum foil then preheat to 170 degrees; place marinated turkey breast strips on baking racks and place racks in the oven.
- Prop open oven door slightly with an oven mitt to allow humidity to escape.
- Check turkey after about 4 hours; mine takes between 4 and 4-1/2 hours in a 170 degree F oven.