Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Everyone will like it and it won't break your wallet.
Make and share this Y.e.p. Casserole (Yummy, Easy, and Cheap) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 (16 ounce) packages hot dogs, sliced
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the can of beans into a 9x13 inch baking dish so they cover the bottom. Arrange hot dog slices so they cover the beans as completely as possible. If too much juice seeps through to the cornbread, it will take longer to cook. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Spread the batter evenly over the hot dog layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cornbread is cooked through. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- note: Feel free to doctor up the beans to your liking first.
Great, great. Can't even BEGIN to fathom why I never thought of this myself... Needed something for dinner, and felt like having something filling and tasty, and BOY did we make a good choice with this one! Plenty of leftovers, too! Also great with a little honey over the cornbread after plating.
This really lives up to it's promise. I used "chili style" kidney beans because of the high sugar/fat content of baked beans. I used veggie dogs and for the cornbread Paula Deen's Mexican Cornbread Lightened. I think I ended up with the same dish but with less sugar and fat. I'm sure the kids will really like this. My half recipe was cooked in 25 mins. This one's a keeper for sure. Made for Photo Tag.