Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend, jotted down on a small piece of paper. They were very good! And quite large for cookies! I toasted the pecans for about 10 minutes, we just think they have more flavor that way.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, I recommend toasted, then chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on low until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Beat on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add chocolate chucks and pecans; mix just until combined.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, fill to heaping or rounded. Place 6 balls of dough, 3 inches apart, on each of the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Place baking sheets on two center racks of oven. Bake 14-16 minutes switching the cookie sheets, top to bottom, halfway through. Cool the cookies on baking sheets for 1 minute before lifting them off with spatula.