Recipe by hels
As made by one of my housemates. The original recipe apparently calls for a two or three spring onions (scallions??), but leeks are cheaper here in the UK. This also works well with turkey, according to another housemate!
Top Review by OhMyStars!
I’m not sure why it has taken me so long to make this, especially since I can’t imagine anything easier. Perhaps it just wasn’t my time. Quick, easy, and tasty, even using low sodium soy sauce and no salt. I also used spring onions, as leeks are hard to come by here at times. (The closest place I can buy shallots is 17 miles away, lol.) Another time I will add a ½ clove of minced garlic and perhaps a few chopped water chestnuts for a little more crunch. Another recipe that invites you to play! Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the chicken and celery.
- The celery should be sliced lengthways and then chopped along the lengths.
- This will stop parts of it burning when you stir-fry it.
- Finely chop the leek.
- Place the celery in boiling water for a minute.
- This will reduce the taste slightly.
- Stir-fry the leek.
- Then add the chicken and celery.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve with rice.