Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a local Mexican Restaurant near my home town.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1 medium poblano peppers or 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapenos or 1 small serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (Hunts)
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (caldo con sabor de pollo)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sazon seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Crush noodles and add to saucepan. Stir to coat with oil. Cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water and bouillon. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in chicken and seasoning. Sprinkle with cilantro.