Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a local Mexican restaurant in my hometown.
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 poblano chiles or 2 anaheim chilies, stemmed seeded and sliced into 2 inch matchsticks or 1 large green bell pepper, mixed with 2 tbsp minced jalapeno chiles
- 2 avocados, halved pitted and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss tomatoes with 1/2 tsp salt in medium bowl. Transfer to paper towel lined baking sheet and let drain for 15 minutes.
- Combine scallions, garlic, zest and juice, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes, then slowly whisk in oil.
- Add chiles, avocado, cilantro, and tomatoes to bowl with dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.