1 hr 5 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a local Mexican restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 serrano chili
- 1 yellow chile (guero)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breasts, skinned and shredded
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Put the tomatillos, onion, serrano, yellow chile and 3/4 cup water in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and boil until the tomatillos turn olive-green color, about 10 minutes. Transfer the tomatillos, onion and chiles to a blender. Add the garlic and cilantro and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the tortillas until golden but still pliable, about 10 seconds per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 4Put the tortillas on a work surface. Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the tortillas, top with a little cheese and roll up each like a cigar. Spread 1/3 cup sauce in a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish. Arrange the enchiladas, seam-side down, in one layer snugly inside the dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- 5Drizzle with the Mexican crema and sprinkle the cheese all over. Bake until the cheese melts and starts to brown in spots, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Xochipilli's Enchiladas Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.7
- Calories from Fat 505
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 415.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 51.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: