Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Found on-line at About.com. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. If using bamboo skewers remember to soak them for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. Prep time includes marinating time. This would be good served with a simple orzo or rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes (about 12)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (equal to number of swordfish pieces)
- 12 fresh bay leaves (large, break in half, small use whole, equal in number to swordfish pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut in 12 square pieces
- 1 onion, cut in 12 square pieces
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 dried bay leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice until thick and creamy. Whisk in remaining marinade ingredients.
- Place swordfish cubes in a plastic bag and pour in marinade.Mix it around to make sure all the pieces get good and covered.
- Marinate for 2-3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- To make skewers, thread on a piece of swordfish, a bay leaf (or half a large leaf), a cherry tomato, a piece of pepper and a piece of onion. Repeat order.
- Grill over hot coals for 8-9 minutes, turning to cook evenly. Swordfish is done when juices bubble up.
These souvlaki were absolutely delicious! I made them as an alternative to the pork souvlaki we were having for father's day, and these went quicker. The adults loved them!