Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ultimate easy and complimentary beef, cheese and asparagus dish. It was a recipe that I saw my father make once. You might be surprised how tasty this is with so few ingredients. Photo to be added when I can.
- 700 g beef, 2 steaks (any boneless cut, ie. scotch, rib eye fillet, rump, etc)
- 1 (340 g) can asparagus
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Cook steak as you normally would and like.
- Place asparagus on top of steak. Amount to suit individual tastes.
- Place cheese on top of asparagus. To cover.
- Place under low to medium heat grill with asparagus and cheese on top until cheese is melted.
Shook some rosemary, granulated garlic and sea salt on steak, let sit for a few minutes. Par boiled fresh asparagus, then marinated in balsamic vinaigrette while steak was searing. Then I layered, leaving the steak on the same hot pan: steak, cheese, asparagus, cheese, tossed it in 425 oven til steak is at desired temp. 120 for me, I like it rare. Let sit for 5 minutes. I used rib eye and was very happy with results. This is on the menu at my next dinner party.
Really great simple idea. I used grated cheese rather than sliced which made it a bit easier to spread evenly. I did the final grilling in the oven but you could probably also melt the cheese in the BBQ as well by leaving the hood down.